DOT Audit Assistance
If your company has been notified that you will be audited in the near future or if you would like assistance with an internal DOT audit to review your files, we can assist you.
Audits can be overwhelming for some clients, particularly those that have a larger employee base. Therefore we can offer our services to ensure that you have all the necessary documents available when they are requested by the DOT or if you have an in-house audit.
The purpose of an audit is to establish:
- If your program is in compliance with the appropriate DOT testing regulations;
- Whether or not you are appropriately following your DOT company policies;
- How correctly your services agents and program personnel carry-out their responsibilities;
- Whether or not your employees and supervisors receive appropriate education and training;
- Whether employees were removed from performance of duty following violations;
- Whether or not you and your service agents have maintained adequate documentation
(Derived from the Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance’s What Employers Need to Know About DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing; Guidance and Best Practices)
There are several steps required in order to obtain a DOT-compliant drug testing program. These steps include policy creation, supervisory training, DOT pre-employment drug testing and enrollment in a random drug testing consortium, which will protect your company in the event of a DOT audit.